Recently we underlined the importance of content marketing as a powerful tool to boost brand visibility and engagement with customers. In the past, design was quite tedious and expensive unless you had access to a graphic designer. Fortunately things have simplified. Canva is a graphic-design tool website that gives you the possibility to create quality content in a few minutes. It uses a drag-and-drop format and provides access to photographs, graphics, vector images and fonts. The tools can be used for both web and print media design and graphics.
Here at Rapid Agency in Belfast, we strongly recommend you to use Canva, as it is one of our most used tools in everyday work.
Signing up to Canva is easy: you can choose between entering your email address or use one of your social media accounts. The registration is totally free, and there’s also an option to pay for upgradable features, called Canva for Work, that gives you the possibility to:
• Access to 2 million free photos and illustrations
• Organise your uploads and designs with unlimited folders and share with your team
• Easily resize your designs with Magic Resize for any social media platform or design type
• Save your brand colours, logos and fonts
If you are interested in Canva for Work, we suggest you to sign-up for a free 30-day trial to see the added features and if they could work for you. Anyway, we think that even the basic version of Canva is powerful enough.
CREATE YOUR DESIGN
To start designing, click on Create a design and you’ll find that Canva has pre-set the ideal dimensions for each design type, from Instagram posts and Stories to Facebook Page or Event Cover. Obviously you can also set custom dimensions for any of your needs. When you have created your design, you’ll be inside the Canva Editor, whose basic parts are:
1. Menu bar – From here, you’ll access features like Undo, Redo, Resize, Share, Download and others.
2. Side panel – basically your colour palette! Here you’ll be able to access the templates and elements you can use in your design. It’s divided into 6 tabs dedicated to Templates, Images, Text, Uploads, Folders, and Apps.
3. Canvas – the workspace you’ll work on your designs.
Give yourself time to understand which tools are better for your design. Our suggestion is to start browsing the different templates, find a couple that could work for you and then customise them with your brand logo, colours, fonts, images.
Work done? Good! Now publish it! Canva gives you the possibility to download your design or to share it with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
If you come across any difficulties with Canva, no worries: Canva has an amazing support network complete with a series of Tutorials, both for beginners and advanced users, to improve your creative skills!
Rapid Agency – Digital Marketing in Belfast