If you’re a small business, chances are you have a limited marketing budget. So the question is, how can you get the best value for your money and keep up with your competitors when forking out for marketing? Here at Rapid, we’ve compiled a list of 5 profitable marketing strategies for small businesses.
Search Engine Optimisation
- Search engine optimization is arguably the most important tool for digital marketing. Tweaking small aspects of your site and developing content that focuses on relevant keywords, will help you to rank higher. Consumers who are looking for local businesses often search for nearby locations. The higher you rank on Google, the more opportunities you will have to drive new traffic to your site.
- Content marketing is in the beating heart of most small businesses. Put simply, it means creating content that is engaging and valuable. It forges a connection with your audience. It is vital to have a solid understanding of what your audience cares about most, including their greatest challenges, needs, and desires.
- Pay-per-click advertising is an online ad model that allows small businesses to display their ads to people searching online for relevant products and services. It is just as it sounds, you pay every time someone clicks on your ad. It’s one of our most loved profitable marketing strategies for small businesses. Advertisers take a risk and use key words and hope that search engines pick it up. The search engine uses an algorithm to determine which ads show up on the search engine results page based on quality, relevance, and validity.
- Facebook Advertising is one of the most cost effective methods of advertising in the industry. According to Facebook, there are 2 million small to medium sized businesses advertising on this social media platform. Facebook helps you narrow down your audience by location, age, gender etc so that only relevant consumers can see your ad content.
Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing is now an absolute must. It’s imperative that you set aside time each day/ week to completely devote yourself to growing your business through social media. It’s not just what you post. But where you post it, to who, at what time of the day and why. Consideration must be given to your target audience and what channels they would use the most. Then plan plan plan. It’ll save important time in the long run, trust us.
The marketing strategies out there are endless. Just because you don’t have a large budget, doesn’t mean you can’t succeed. Try these strategies and watch your business’ digital transformation.