There are so many cogs that are constantly moving in the SEO optimisation machine. The constant drive for sales and conversion holds a lot of pressure. There are many additional ways to improve the SEO of your website in Belfast.
Website SEO Audit
To gain a better understanding of how your website is performing currently, we will carry out an SEO audit.
This involves a holistic, comprehensive analysis of how your website performs at present in relation to industry best practices and against your competitors. This is the first – and ultimately the most important – step in creating an effective SEO strategy with measurable results. At this stage, we will identify areas where your website is performing well and areas where you could be improving.
When improving the search engine ranking of your website, you should focus on enhancing its Domain Authority.
This operates on a score basis, developed by Moz that predicts how your website will rank on search engines such as Google and Bing. This score is calculated using various factors such as link quality and quantity, domain age, popularity and relevance.
The higher your Domain Authority score, the higher your potential to rank highly on search engine result pages. With Domain Authority scores ranging from 0 to 100, your goal should be nothing short of 100!
Backlinks – one of the most important elements of your SEO strategy in Belfast.
These links are added throughout your website. They link to external pages – such as articles and other websites. Backlinks are important to SEO for a range of reasons.
- Essentially, backlinks improve the credibility of your website by linking to other authoritative pages. This is because they act as endorsements, showing that others find your website insightful, credible and trustworthy.
- Backlinks are a key factor that is considered when ranking your website on search engine results pages, as website credibility is a key ranking factor.
- Another important aspect of website ranking that is often forgotten is diversity. Your link profile can appear ‘spammy’ if your website is connected to a high volume of poor, low-quality websites. Having a range of high-quality backlinks will demonstrate to search engines that your website as having authority in your industry and is a reputable information source.
Meta Tags are the first interaction customers have with your website when they view it on a search engine results page and they impact how your website is portrayed to customers.
- Title Tags: This is the name of your website that appears on a search engine results page and the browser tab – your very first opportunity to tell customers who you are and what you do.
- Meta Description Tags: This text is the secondary piece of information that your customers are exposed to on the search engine results page. The Meta Description is a short snippet of text which gives users a glimpse of what your page is about before they decide whether to click through. Your Meta Description is extremely important in improving your performance in search results by using keywords and phrases relevant to your industry.
- Canonical Tags: If your website uses multiple versions and duplicates, your Canonical Tag will indicate which version is preferred – the principal version. These elements of SEO are extremely important as they will indicate which version of your web page is the most authoritative and relevant.
- Robots Tag: Your Robots Tag is an important tool for SEO because it provides instructions on how search engines should crawl your website – indicating whether a page should be crawled or not.
ALT Image Text
Alternative text and tags are additional HTML attributes for your website that provide a text description of what an image consists of.
As well as providing context and content, ALT Image Text is beneficial for your SEO strategy as it increases the accessibility of your website for the visually impaired. By including this text, search engines will be able to understand and index your content, ensuring it ranks highly for the relevant search terms.
Use Infographics to improve the SEO of your website
Infographics are primarily used to share information about your industry or niche with your target audience. When searching, your audience has an extremely short attention span – ensure your content catches their eye and stops the scroll.
The visual nature of infographics displays complex, factual information in a way that works for the user – they increase the user experience of your website, which is another key ranking factor for SEO. For example, include a pie chart as opposed to paragraphs of data and analysis.
By using infographics, users will be able to comprehend the information you are conveying much easier. Infographics also improve your overall SEO strategy to generate more high-quality traffic to your website.
Following your initial SEO audit, we will delve deep into the keywords related to your product, service, and business. This will identify which keywords your customers are using when they are searching for you, and which keywords your competitors are ranking highly for.
Keyword research will then identify an extensive list of keywords that your website should rank for. With these newly-found keywords, we will be able to update your website with relevant content that will attract more high-quality traffic to your website.
As SEO is a long-term strategy for your marketing, it is important to perform keyword research regularly to ensure that you are constantly reviewing what your customers are searching for when looking for a particular product or service.